Friday, February 16, 2007

Surfer's Dream


Surfer's Dream, originally uploaded by Kev.yong.

This photo is from an epic surf trip to the Philippines. It's a photo of my mate Simon who shared some perfect waves with me during our 3 week adventure.

The surf break is just out of town from a place called Baler on the east coast of Luzon Island. Quite a remote spot. No other surfers. Every morning we would make the hour long trip to the mangrove.

The walk through the mangrove was surreal...no wind, the water like warm mercury, surrounded by mountains, tiny swells pushing through to the shore behind us... the magrove twigs bent over and then flicked upright in rows like a mexican wave as each wave passed.

I had the slide printed. The slide is lost. All I have left is the print. This is a scan of the print converted to black and white. I have a whole stash of slides and prints to scan from my travels around the world... more to come when I get organised.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - this photo and the description that goes along with it really gave me a warm and excited feeling!

I can't wait to get out into the world and have similar experiences.

Surfing adventures and photographing them.

Thanks for that :)

12:40 pm, March 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home