Monday, October 31, 2005

Monitor calibration tool reviews

Monitor calibration tool reviews

I've been struggling along with Adobe Gamma monitor profile calibration for the past 2 years... really difficult particularly since I am colour blind and the software uses a visual calibration method. I have been toying with the idea of a designated profiling device. My last few prints have been quite dark and the colours off so I've made up my mind to get one. I think the GretagMacbeth Eye-one 2 looks the best value. The link at the top is from drycreekphoto.com.

They've got a good deal for the eye-one2 at www.whibal.com. Comes in a package with a whibal, an old photographers favourite, the gray card.

Update: June 06.
I purchased the Eye One Display calibrator several months ago with the WhiBal cards. The device was very easy to use and made a huge difference to viewing on my Laptop. Also brings out the image nicely on my Dell 2405 LCD.