Saturday, September 24, 2005

Canvas mounting tips - Scott Peck.

Inkjet News and Tips 19 August 04

Inkjetart.com - huge resource on pro inkjet printing. They have good information on canvas printing with a variety of papers and profiles. It seems that drymounting is a better way then stretching the canvas. This is all new to me and quite technical, but I'm trying to learn as the process is very appealing to me. Another article here on the same process.

The epson stylus pro 4800 is looking like the best option at the moment. 17" prints still seem a little small... the R2400(A3) is definitely too small and doesn't handle canvas very well.

Here is the page with the list of canvases. I like the look of the Epson Premierart Water Resistant Canvas (roll) and the inkjetart Fast-Dry sheets. I'll need to locate some Aussie distributors and get some costings. It's all pretty expensive, so I going to have to look into selling some prints if I'm going to be able to afford to play with this sort of gear.

Artcare make the mounting products discussed in the Scott Peck article.

Must say, this is looking like a pretty boring blog so far - not a single picture yet. My current focus is on learning about printing techniques. There is just so much with all the papers and inks and profiles around.

Will get some pictures up soon.